Roszdravnadzor Krasnoyarsk Medicines Control Laboratory joins the General European Official Medicines Control Laboratories Network (GEON)
A meeting of the Consultative Group of the General European Official Medicines Control Laboratories Network (GEON) held on 1-2 March 2017 in Strasbourg decided to admit the Krasnoyarsk Branch of Roszdravnadzor’s FSBI Information Expertise Center for Review, Accounting and Analysis of Circulation of Human Medicinal Products to membership in the OMCL Network.
Director of the European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM) Susanne Keitel noted in a letter to Roszdravnadzor that “the Consultative Group has approved the proposal to admit the Krasnoyarsk Laboratory as another Russian official medicines control laboratory due to its focus on biological products quality control as an additional expertise field”.
GEON comprising over 70 laboratories from 40 countries of the world provides the following rights and obligations to the Network members:
– mutual recognition of tests carried out by Official Medicines Control Laboratories (OMCLs) in accordance with the established procedure;
– improve communication among the OMCLs and exchange of relevant information about the use of analytical methods;
– harmonize activities by implementing and maintaining a testing quality management system and mutual assessment by GEON members;
– exchange information on work programs to optimize the use of expertise and knowledge, laboratory resources and analytical data available;
– organize collaborative studies on the validation of analytical methods;
– promote the future development of harmonized medicines quality standards.
Detailed information about GEON is available on the web site of the European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM) https://www.edqm.eu/en/general-european-omcl-network-geon
Source – http://www.roszdravnadzor.ru/spec/news/6430