Roszdravnadzor – protection of the patient rights
On June 16, 2016 in Roszdravnadzor (RZN) for the first time in the mode of a video conferencing the enlarged meeting of Public council on protection of the rights of patients under the Federal Service for Surveillance in Healthcare took place, in which 74 regional departments of Council were involved.
During this action the following questions were discussed:
– the monitoring system behind the quality of medical care in the Russian Federation;
– the Public councils’ activities under the local authorities of RZN for subjects of the Russian Federation on improvement of health care delivery quality in regions;
– pharmaceutical benefits for eligible beneficiaries of narcotic pain medication;
– activities of Public councils under the local authorities of RZN for subjects of the Russian Federation concerning pharmaceutical benefits for eligible beneficiaries of narcotic pain medication;
– Roszdravnadzor complaints and appeals handling;
– Public councils’ activities under the local authorities of RZN for subjects of the Russian Federation on complaints and appeals handling;
– efficiency criteria of regional Public councils;
– working models of Public councils and principles of their openness;
– Public councils activity and level of experts’ competence .
“The public council is a “communicator” between the government and society, – emphasized the chairman of Public council on patient rights protection under Roszdravnadzor Jan Vlasov. – Our work is focused on patient rights protection and on the improvement of medical care quality to the population. It is insisted to be a very serious problem and we are obliged to cope successfully with it”.
The head of Roszdravnadzor Mikhail Murashko thanked all the members of Public council for work and emphasized that the Service stands in need of close cooperation with public organizations. “For us as for the controlling authority, it is extremely important that the Public Council acted as the initiator of consideration of health care problems in regions, – he declared. – Similar interaction is necessary for Roszdravnadzor for supervising activities planning and also for a quick reaction in case of impairment of the citizens rights for reception available and effective medical care”.
Reference of Roszdravnadzor: The public council on protection of the patients rights at Roszdravnadzor consists of 74 regional offices , which include those working 907 experts. In 2015 the Public council organized a research on availability of medical aid to patients with cardiovascular diseases; it developed a set of methodological studies of public participation in health care; conducted 36 regional workshops and 6 interregional training workshops, 2 national conference; considered about 1.6 complaints of patients; issued 1400 information booklets.